Monday, November 29, 2010

" Another 5 seconds to go! " I counted enthusiastically in my heart as I scrutinized my watch.
Just as the blaring alarm went off, I pack my belongings into my bag hastily, getting ready to go home. Everyone was busy with their packing and the class was in a boisterous state. Books and pens falling off the tables, zipping of bags and the shrilling noise made by the friction when a chair is pushed back were heard. As I stood up, a boy panting excessively with beads of sweats trickling down his chin came stumbling into the classroom.

"Miss Ang!" he shouted, calling out to my teacher.
" Please hurry and fo..follow me! Som..something bad has hap..happened!" He stuttered out words which sounds like he had an apple stuck in his throat.
The atmosphere in the classroom was soon surged into an stiff, icy cold one, with everyone attention's on the boy.
"Calm down Benedict"
"What happened?" Miss Ang calmed the panic-striken boy.
Benedict retorted, "No! Hurry and follow me!"
Upon finishing his words, he ran out of the classroom and signaled us to hurry with a ghastly paled look on him.

Everyone in the class was startled. Miss Ang expeditiously stormed out of the classroom, giving Benedict a chase. I followed too. I could see a girl lying flat, seemingly unconscious down the aisle outside the classroom as I hurtled out. I was petrified by the sight of blood streaming out from the girl's head. My legs started to get wobbly and fear was knotting in my stomach as I went closer to the scene.

I was afraid of the sight of blood since young.

"Anna dropped into coma right after coming out of the washroom!", wet strands of hair plastered down his forehead and dripping into his eyes as Benedict explained.
"When she falls, her head knocked onto the edge of the wall and blood started cascading off from her head." Benedict's head and body jerk while he stared at the blood.

The scene was teeming with curiousity students, it was claustrophobic and the noise made it worse.

Soon, our school's operation manager came and hustle them to go off, and had already called the ambulance. I was busy fanning Anna's head with my twilight storybook while trying to avoid the pool of bright red blood which glitters in the glaring sunlight.

The siren of an ambulance was heard and we had to help carry Anna up. I was shaking tremendously as I carried Anna, blood stained my shirt but I did not care. All I knew was to get Anna up to the ambulance as quick as possible.

The ambulance drove out of the school gate, with a right turn and it was out of sight. I was still worried for Anna, hoping she would be fine. Then I noticed that both my hands and shirt were engulfed in fresh blood, I almost fainted.

A week later, Anna was back in school. I knew it because Miss Ang told me and I went to look for her. She was reading a book quietly in the library and I approached her.
"Hey, you look good." words drifted from my mouth quietly.
"Hey! It's you. I haven't got the chance to thank you for helping me. So ya.. Thank you!" she exclaimed out loud, and everyone in the library were looking at us.

We then walked to the food stalls and got ourselves some food to eat. I was telling her how terrified I was when I saw the pool of blood forming at her head and that was when she accidentally cut her finger and blood started oozing out. I promptly took out my clean cloth and wrap it around her finger, trying to stop the bleed.
"So are you still intimidated by blood?" Anna quipped, with a wide grin on her face.
"Definitely no, not anymore!" I boasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment