Monday, November 29, 2010

One day, as you were visiting close friend at his/her place, you observed that there was a crack in one of the walls of his/her flat, and duly pointed it out to him/her. Write an account of your friend's reaction and how he/she resolved this matter.


Observing the surrounding as I progress towards Keith's house, young children were seen playing exhilaratingly near the park, old people playing chess calmingly under a hut . Just before I knew, I was already in front of the lift.
" Ding dong.. " goes the blaring doorbell and soon, a familiar face came into sight.
"Come on in Gabriel, make yourself feel free!" Keith exclaimed, with beads of sweat rolling down his face.

Upon stepping in, a gust of foul smell stirred up my nose.
"Oops sorry, I was doing some workout earlier on and didn't expect you to arrive earlier than my bath!" Keith quipped.
I guess he must have witnessed the distressed and uncomfortable feeling that was painting on my face.
"I didn't mean that bro, just that.."
"No worries, I will head for my shower now and for the mean time, you can watch the television first." Keith stopped me before I could barely finish my line.
I went splashing down onto the comfortable sofa while Keith headed into the bathroom. The shows that were airing were monotonous and I decided to take a trip and explore Keith's magnificent house. The house was exquisitely beautified by modern furnitures, white "L" shaped sofa coupled with a black glossy table in front of it where most of Keith's work are at, artistic painting are hung over the walls and as I walked down the aisle, I noticed a crack in one of the walls. I crept towards the crack and touched it with my bare hand, it was a rough and rocky feeling and that was when things started going wrong.

"Gabriel! What had you done to my wall!?" Keith bellowed, his face fuming red as he stomped his way to me
"What?!" I retorted "The crack was already there and stop the assumption!"
Keith was so mad that he resorted to violence and pushed me on my shoulders as he vociferate that I was the one who made the crack on the wall. We were both hot under the collar and the argument got more intense and we nearly broke into a fight and that is when Keith's sister, Alicia, came into the picture.
"I think I heard some arguing going on, are you guys alright?" came a velvety voice from Alicia.
"If its that loud to allow you to hear, so we aren't really alright." Keith shrugged.

Unwillingly, I started speaking first and told Alice what had happened and upon finishing my last sentence, Alice drifted out an "oops".
"That crack was actually left behind by my penknife while I was doing my projectwork with friends you see.." Alice spoke softly in dismay.
That was when we knew the exact story and I could see Keith in a guilty state, all embarrased.
"Sorry Gabriel, I had to admit my acts were too rash and started confronting you without believing you." Keith spoke with a remorseful tone.
"It's cool, don't worry."
"At least the clouds are clear now and comes the sunshine!" I exclaimed exhilaratingly.
Soon, we got ourself immerse into the video games and has got into appeasement. Amidst the gameplay, Keith suddenly took out a video game and handed it to me.
"I really hope you wouldn't take it to heart for the incident just now and as a apology, I would like you to have this!"
I was astounded as that video game was the latest and it wasn't available in local stores yet.
"Stop reiterating the word "sorry" !" I pleaded "You have at least said that for a thousand times, I swear!"
We both chuckled out and continue with our videogame and that is when I realised how important keeping calm and not be agitated when things goes wrong is.

No comments:

Post a Comment